Python is a high-level scripting language, interpreted, interactive, and object-oriented. it is designed to be highly readable. It often uses keywords in English where other languages use punctuation and has less syntactic constructions than other languages.
- It is a powerful and easy to learn programming language and efficient high-level data structures and a simple but effective approach to object-oriented programming.
- The interpreter processes Python at runtime. It is not necessary to compile the program before executing it. This is similar to PERL and PHP.
- You can sit on a Python indicator and interact directly with the interpreter to write your own programs.
- Python supports object-oriented style or the programming technique that encapsulates the code within objects.
- Python is a great language for beginner’s programmers and supports the development of a wide range of applications.
The History of Python
The Python programming language was conceived at the end of the 1980s and its implementation began in December 1989 by Guido van Rossum at the CWI in the Netherlands.
- The idea of python started in 1980s.
- Its implementation began in December 1989.
- Finally published in Feb 1991.
- Python reached version 1.0 in January 1994.
- It is said that the ABC programming language is the predecessor of the Python language, which was able to manage the Exception Handling with the Amoeba operating system.
- ABC language.
- and Unix shell and other scripting languages
Versions of python
- Implementation started - December, 1989
- Internal releases at CWI (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica) – 1990
- Python 0.9.1 - 1991
- Python 0.9.2 - 1991
- Python 1.2 - April 10, 1995
- Python 1.3 - October 12, 1995
- Python 1.4 - October 25, 1996
- Python 1.5 - December 31, 1997
- Python 1.6 - September 5, 2000
- Python 2.1 - April 15, 2001
- Python 2.2 - December 21, 2001
- Python 2.3 - July 29, 2003
- Python 2.4 - November 30, 2004
- Python 2.5 - September 19, 2006
- Python 2.6 - October 1, 2008
- Python 2.7 - July 3, 2010
- Python 3.1 - June 27, 2009
- Python 3.2 - February 20, 2011
- Python 3.3 - September 29, 2012
- Python 3.4 - March 16, 2014
- Python 3.5 - September 13, 2015
- Python 3.6 - December 23, 2016
- Python 3.7 - June 27, 2018